With the first day of school holiday beginning today, there is no doubt you are probably wondering what you are going to do with your little bambini’s for the two weeks their off. Don’t worry because we’ve got you sorted. We’re going to tell you our top 10 things that the team at LM Bambini enjoying doing with their kids that should hopefully help keep you and the kids out of trouble and get you over the line to term 4.
- Day Trip to Bundeena National Park – about an hour’s drive south out of Sydney CBD, here you will be able to take a walk through nature and find traces of the original inhabitants. There are beautiful beaches to see and there may even be a slight chance to see some whales. It’s the perfect place for you and the kids to get out of the busy city life and get back to nature. http://bundeenainfo.com/royal-national-park/
- Glenworth Valley - about an hour’s drive north of Sydney CBD, Glenworth Valley is a family owned business providing outdoor adventure experiences for over 40 years. They offer horse riding, abseiling, kayaking and even laser skirmish. You can even hire tents or cabins and stay a few days. This is a must visit and a place we often visit during the school holidays but book quick as they do get quite busy. http://glenworth.com.au/
- AttracTivity – located in Alexandria next door to sky Zone this is a MUST visit. I first found out about this place when my eldest was invited to a birthday party there (they do amazing birthday parties too). With a range of arcade games, a bowling area, dodgem cars, rope climbing and dodgem cars, this is your one stop shop for fun filled day that your kids will sure to remember. http://www.attractivity.com.au/
- Sydney Park – located in St Peters with one of the best bike paths for kids complete with a playground and café and even a park for your fury friend to run around. Be sure to check this place out and take your kids bikes I guarantee you they will LOVE it!
- Ice skating - We recently discovered a new ice Skating rink in Alexandria after going to Canterbury for many years. Ice Zoo - ice rink recently opened its doors and people have been flocking to get their ice on. They offer lessons for any skill level and also have ice hockey classes. Check their website for session times. http://www.icezoo.com/
- Rock Climbing – Sydney indoor climbing Gym located in St Peters is one of the biggest indoor climbing spaces we have been too, offering courses for any skill level from kids to beginner to expert. Parents are even able to partake. http://indoorclimbing.com.au/
- State library – with its history dating back to 1826 the state library is a remarkable site to visit. Check out the link to see what’s on these school holidays. http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/learning/kids-and-families
- Brasserie Bread – located on Botany Road Botany, Brasserie bread is renowned for its amazing artisan bread and great friendly atmosphere. It’s a great place to take your kids for breakfast or lunch while the kids are able to watch the bakers making bread. They even offer baking classes for the kids. So you can get the best of both worlds, kids go to baking classes while the parents can sit in the café and enjoy a coffee with their friends. Click on the link to see class availabilities http://www.brasseriebread.com.au/baking-classes/kids-baking-classes/
- Observatory – located in the CBD near the rocks the observatory is open for day tours or even night tours (bookings essential for nights). Who said star gazing can’t be fun. The observatory is a great place for kids to visit and to learn more on the planets and stars with interactive videos and activities the kids are sure to enjoy. https://maas.museum/sydney-observatory/
- Barangaroo – after 100 years of having this part of Sydney closed Barangaroo has recently undergone a redevelopment and has once again become open to the public. It honours Australia’s shared history and Aboriginal culture. There are plenty of things to see and do and it’s a great place to have a picnic. For more info on what to do at barangaroo click on the link http://www.barangaroo.com/see-and-do/things-to-do/
I hope these ideas give you hours of fun with your little bambini’s this school holidays and remember to always be sun safe.